Senator Sylvia Allen was elected to the Senate in November 2014. She had been a Navajo County Supervisor, and served in the Senate previously. She is President Pro Tempore of the Senate and is Chair of the Rural Affairs & Environment Committee, Vice Chair of Water & Energy and a Member of the Appropriations, Government, Rules and Education Committees. Senator Allen lives in Snowflake with her husband Richard. They have five married children and 18 grandchildren.
- 👏#AZ ranks #3 for political gender parity scores, according to @rep__2020. Nearly 50% of REPUB AzSen are women.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Can you spy the bananas? The Capitol "rose garden" might need a new name. 🍌🌹 https://t.co/TBvkYdEgMn 6 hours ago
- SenMajorityStaff's Jeff Kros gives a #AzSenate tour to @abwcaz Water Management Certificate students to explain the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- READ: Sen @DebbieLesko's SB1236 aims to shed light on the rate of psychotropic drugs prescribed to foster children… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @GilbertAZMayor: Thank you President Steve Yarbrough, @votewarren @FarnsworthEddie and @TravisGrantham for meeting with us on #azleg #Gi… 1 day ago