Senator Nancy Barto is Chair of the Health & Human Services Committee and Vice-Chair of the Judiciary Committee. Senator Barto is also a member of the Federalism Committee. She began serving in the Senate in January of 2011. Before that she served in the Arizona House of Representatives for five years. Senator Barto represents north Phoenix, Scottsdale and Cave Creek. She is recognized as a national leader in health care reforms and patients’ privacy rights. Senator Barto was born in Chicago, but has lived in the Phoenix area since 1962. She and her husband Joe were married in 1979. They have three daughters and two grandchildren.
- Third Read SB 1390 TPT; additional rate; education. passes 26-4 2 days ago
- RT @KateMcGeeAZ: Grateful to my #AZ Senate colleagues for unanimously passing my #Prop301 continuation this morning. It's critical to put m… 2 days ago
- President Yarbrough talks with @ben_giles of the @AzCapitolTimes https://t.co/rQOTSXlD1U 3 days ago
- .@KateMcGeeAZ and @SineKerr pay tribute to the late Norman McClelland, one of Arizona’s iconic business leaders https://t.co/muJNmZb7ZG 1 week ago
- Students from the Metropolitan Education Commission in Tucson spent time with @KateMcGeeAZ. These young people are… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago