Senator Nancy Barto is Chair of the Health & Human Services Committee and Vice-Chair of the Judiciary Committee. Senator Barto is also a member of the Federalism Committee. She began serving in the Senate in January of 2011. Before that she served in the Arizona House of Representatives for five years. Senator Barto represents north Phoenix, Scottsdale and Cave Creek. She is recognized as a national leader in health care reforms and patients’ privacy rights. Senator Barto was born in Chicago, but has lived in the Phoenix area since 1962. She and her husband Joe were married in 1979. They have three daughters and two grandchildren.
- 👏#AZ ranks #3 for political gender parity scores, according to @rep__2020. Nearly 50% of REPUB AzSen are women.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Can you spy the bananas? The Capitol "rose garden" might need a new name. 🍌🌹 https://t.co/TBvkYdEgMn 6 hours ago
- SenMajorityStaff's Jeff Kros gives a #AzSenate tour to @abwcaz Water Management Certificate students to explain the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- READ: Sen @DebbieLesko's SB1236 aims to shed light on the rate of psychotropic drugs prescribed to foster children… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @GilbertAZMayor: Thank you President Steve Yarbrough, @votewarren @FarnsworthEddie and @TravisGrantham for meeting with us on #azleg #Gi… 1 day ago