Senator John Kavanagh was elected to the Senate in November 2014. He had served in the House of Representatives since 2007. Senator Kavanagh is Chair of the Government Committee and Vice Chair of the Appropriations and Public Safety Committees. He is also a Member of the State Debt Committee. Senator Kavanagh and his wife, Fountain Hills Mayor Linda Kavanagh, have two sons, Jonathan and Nicholas. Before the Legislature, Kavanagh served 20 years as a police officer with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department.
- 👏#AZ ranks #3 for political gender parity scores, according to @rep__2020. Nearly 50% of REPUB AzSen are women.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- Can you spy the bananas? The Capitol "rose garden" might need a new name. 🍌🌹 https://t.co/TBvkYdEgMn 6 hours ago
- SenMajorityStaff's Jeff Kros gives a #AzSenate tour to @abwcaz Water Management Certificate students to explain the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- READ: Sen @DebbieLesko's SB1236 aims to shed light on the rate of psychotropic drugs prescribed to foster children… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @GilbertAZMayor: Thank you President Steve Yarbrough, @votewarren @FarnsworthEddie and @TravisGrantham for meeting with us on #azleg #Gi… 1 day ago