Senator John Kavanagh was elected to the Senate in November 2014. He had served in the House of Representatives since 2007. Senator Kavanagh is Chair of the Government Committee and Vice Chair of the Appropriations and Public Safety Committees. He is also a Member of the State Debt Committee. Senator Kavanagh and his wife, Fountain Hills Mayor Linda Kavanagh, have two sons, Jonathan and Nicholas. Before the Legislature, Kavanagh served 20 years as a police officer with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department.
- Third Read SB 1390 TPT; additional rate; education. passes 26-4 2 days ago
- RT @KateMcGeeAZ: Grateful to my #AZ Senate colleagues for unanimously passing my #Prop301 continuation this morning. It's critical to put m… 2 days ago
- President Yarbrough talks with @ben_giles of the @AzCapitolTimes https://t.co/rQOTSXlD1U 3 days ago
- .@KateMcGeeAZ and @SineKerr pay tribute to the late Norman McClelland, one of Arizona’s iconic business leaders https://t.co/muJNmZb7ZG 1 week ago
- Students from the Metropolitan Education Commission in Tucson spent time with @KateMcGeeAZ. These young people are… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago